top of page
Working at home


A gift to Southend YMCA in your Will is a lasting commitment that could make a wonderful impact on future generations.

After making provisions for your family and friends; by remembering Southend YMCA in your Will, you will be helping to ensure that homeless and vulnerable young people in your community always have somewhere to turn to for years to come.  


The process is simple and easy, and you can always change your mind later. We recommend you speak to your solicitor to ensure your wishes will be carried out exactly as you intend. There are lots of solicitors who are members of the Law Society or are qualified Will-writing practitioners, you can visit the Remember a Charity Website to find one in your area by clicking here

You will need to take the following details with you:


Charity name: Southend YMCA


Registered charity number: 1102837 (England and Wales)


Registered address: (Head Office) Southend YMCA, Newlands, 85 Ambleside Drive, Southend On Sea, Essex, SS1 2FY

If you have, or would like to, leave a legacy to Southend YMCA in your will, then it really helps us to know (but it’s entirely up to you whether you let us know or not).  If you would like to let us know then please email


Thank you.

What type of gift should I leave?

Choosing a residuary gift, enables you to leave a percentage, or the whole of your remaining estate, once all debts and other gifts have been paid. Many supporters choose a residuary legacy because it keeps pace with inflation and it’s a way to make sure that everyone can be considered.

Choosing a pecuniary gift allows you to specify a sum of money to leave Southend YMCA.


Whatever gift you decide to leave, of whatever size; you will make an enormous difference to the life of a young person who has nothing.

Do I need to draw up a new Will?

If you have a Will and just want to add a gift to Southend YMCA, you can simply add a Codicil. You should ask your solicitor to help you, to ensure your wishes are known and acted upon.

Who should I choose as executor?

Consider whether a close friend or family member is the right person to ensure your wishes are carried out. Some people choose to pay a bank or a solicitor to act as executor; but whoever you choose, be comfortable with your decision.

Do I need a solicitor?

We advise you to consult a solicitor whether you’re making, or changing your Will. This way you can be sure that instructions are clear and that your wishes can be carried out. You can find a solicitor in your area at  or call 020 7320 5650 (Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00).

What is inheritance tax?

Some estates are liable for inheritance tax. To find out further information please visit

bottom of page